After a full week of crafting, dishwashing, clothes washing/folding, housework, etc., my Shellac Nail Gel is still as glossy as a mirror and has NO chips! It is the only nail product I have found that I can use without having an allergic reaction (white spots, brittle splitting, breaking so badly I look like a nailbiter!) For those of you unfamiliar with the product, here are the details:
I put Shellac on my toenails last night for the first time. I hope they stay nice for 2 weeks like my fingernails do!
- You paint it on just like regular nail polish, using a base and a top coat.
- You dry each coat under a UV lamp. I bought mine on Ebay for $15.
- After the last coat is UV'd, you wipe off a sticky residue with alcohol on cotton and your nails are completely, completely dry! No waiting for drying.
- It stays glossy and lasts 2 weeks, no lie.
- It slides right off after soaking in acetone for 5-7 minutes - really! No chipping or sanding to ruin your nailbeds.
- Costs anywhere from $14 to $20 per tube - I get mine on Ebay.
- I am allergic to frosted nail polish but can wear Shellac (Wierd, I know, but if your nails get white spots or split when you wear polish, it might be allergic reaction. My nails are only allergic to frosted colors.)
- Shellac is flexible, not rock-hard like acrylic.
- Shellac keeps my paper-thin nails from breaking constantly and looking like I chew my nails.
Labels: fingernail polish allergy, how to do your own shellac manicure at home, nail care, nail gel, nail polish allergy, Shellac